Friday, July 5, 2013

Black Panther Photographed in Louisiana.

This picture was allegedly taken by a woman living near Broussard, Louisiana. The lady claims that the big cat was walking through her backyard and also claims several locals have spotted it as well.



In many instances, witnesses to black cats may be misjudging their size. A jaguarundi is a cat closely related to the cougar but smaller. It can occur in several colors including solid dark gray or chocolate brown. The cat is known to live in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and Florida. Jaguarundis have also been reported in several states bordering these ones. From a distance, people would notice the jaguarundi’s build is unlike that of a house cat (see photo below), and it has a very long, thick tail like a cougars. It could easily resemble a black panther. Plus, the jaguarundi likes the daylight hours, making it easier to be spotted by humans.




Read more about Big cats here:The North American Black Panther – Myth or Reality?

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you had the same trouble getting people to believe what you had seen. My panther had the most beautiful cat face I have ever seen. It looked like a huge house cat in face only. I am a very curious, and accepting person so I wasn't one bit afraid. I guess we were both out hunting the same rabbits down by Inks lake.

    Anyway, we both looked at each other from a distance of thirty feet away. I was standing in the tall grass, and the cat passed in front of me within a distance of about six inches. It almost had to step over my feet. It went its way, and I went mine. I hunted that same area many times but I never got to see that cat ever again, and I have never seen another one like it.

    I once watched a documentary on TV about a some huge black cats eating a rancher's goats, and the rancher said he was terrified of it. As for me, I was never afraid! I guess I am just too curious to worry, about being afraid.

    ReplyDelete